Cybersecurity compliance management obligations such as PCI, ISO, NIST, SOC2 and others can be challenging to achieve and even more difficult to maintain. Many solutions used today are solely based on simple Excel spreadsheets or web-based questionnaires that do not provide any value beyond tracking outdated responses.
To be efficient in understanding and managing compliance risks as they arise, your compliance manager must ensure the following issues are addressed:
- Lack of continuously identifying and reporting control gaps
- Ineffective control assignment and management
- Ineffective task tracking and reminders
- Poor collaboration between teams
- Inaccurate reporting of compliance level
The FortifyData platform helps businesses with their cybersecurity compliance obligations through our fully interactive compliance dashboard.
Whether working towards meeting new compliance requirements or maintaining existing compliance with a standard or framework FortifyData empowers compliance managers and stakeholders to collaborate and ensure requirements are fully addressed and managed across the organization. Our cybersecurity risk management platform enables you and your team to:
- Effectively assess and manage compliance obligations with ANY security or privacy based standards for your entire company and/or groups of systems.
- Assign control requirements and recurring tasks to specific individuals, and set due dates for completion.
- Chat with team members to get instant feedback on tasks and other inquiries.
- Instantly generate reports for management meeting presentations.
For those organizations that need to meet PCI DSS requirements, for example, the FortifyData platform you can easily help you demonstrate compliance by addressing the following risk management requirements:
12.2 Implement a risk-assessment process that:
· Is performed at least annually and upon significant changes to the environment (for example, acquisition, merger, relocation, etc.),
· Identifies critical assets, threats and vulnerabilities
· Results in a formal risk assessment.
Examples of risk-assessment methodologies include but are not limited to OCTAVE, ISO 27005 and NIST SP 800-30.
|12.8.3 Ensure there is an established process for engaging service providers including proper due diligence prior to engagement.|
|12.8.4 Maintain a program to monitor service providers’ PCI DSS compliance status at least annually.|
|12.8.5 Maintain information about which PCI DSS requirements are managed by each service provider, and which are managed by the entity.|